Monday, March 28, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

No, I have not completely lost my marbles... yes, I realize it's March and not December, but I L-O-V-E this time of year in St. George! Everyone calls complaining about freezing temperatures, snow, and road closures, and we have sunshine and 70 degree temperatures! I say to myself daily, 'self.... THIS is why you live here!' I almost forget every year, but my favorite thing about March are these beauties....

I know, it's weird... but I love these trees! I have lived here 9 years and still don't know the name of them, but everyone in these parts calls them 'Popcorn Popping' trees... and very suiting... it looks like they're popping popcorn! They're ALL over town and they only bloom for a couple weeks, but I love them...
They with their almost BLACK trunks and tiny white buds are the first sign of spring! Up close they are tiny little flowers, which actually STINK, but from afar, they just make ya smile! Ode to spring in Dixie!

No comments:

Post a Comment