Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm in charge here, and you WILL have fun!

Jamaica and Daniel flew to MT to attend a temple sealing and I got asked to watch the kids for 4 days while they were away... was it revenge? Last resort? Desperation? Whatever the reasoning...
WE HAD A TON OF FUN, and I was EXHAUSTED! I was bound and determined to make it fun though, so we did just that! I couldn't document all that we did, but man we kept busy for 4 days, that's fo sho!

We tried a new recipe I found for rainbow cupcakes on St Patty's Day and doorbell ditched 4 of me and Coll's neighbors
ps... the cupcakes were kind of a mess, but turned out AWESOME!
We had a bonfire in the backyard with Colls and Steph! We roasted hot dogs, smores, and told scary stories... Michael taught us a game from scouts where we create a story by going around the fire and only saying 1 word and adding on to the last person's word... it was so funny and Michael and Haleigh were very witty and funny!
We went swimming, and played at the park! The park had those 'can phones' around the equipment, so I made Mya stand by one and I ran over to another one and said, 'HI MYA!' and she freaked out! She kept saying, 'MOM! Hi Mom! You need to come home now.' and she'd run back to the slide and then run back to the phone and say, 'mom.... mom... mmmmmoooommmmom...?' until I RAN over and reassured her I'd be home soon! Sorry Jamaica, I pretended to be you... I had to, she was freakin out!!
My mom sent some St. Patty's Day crafts to make lil leprechauns from TP rolls... I tell ya, I think I'm creative, but who thinks of this stuff?! My mom sent an example... it's in front of Haleigh, isn't it cute?! Michael wasn't too interested, so me and the girls occupied a couple hours painting TP rolls! Who knew TP would have so many functions?! Thanks mom, our leprechauns turned out super cute! We went to RANGO... which was cute, and had some funny 1-liners... but save your money... Redbox it, it's worth $1, but not $20... especially when you take a 3-yr old with the smallest bladder in existence. I did buy the 'Deal' which consists of 2 drinks and a gigantic popcorn, and I won a $20 gift card! I NEVER win anything! So that was fun!
I also borrowed a movie projector from work and we projected movies on the wall at my house and blew up air mattresses and had popcorn galore! We watched Despicable Me... which was HYSTERICAL! I highly recommend it! These guys were hilarious!
and the 'villain' was SO funny!
and per Michael and Haleigh's choice, we watched this favorite...
we used to watch this ALL the time as girls... Its so funny... and lets just say the 'HE PERMED ME!' from this ditty, was my scary story around our bon fire! :)

Overall, I'd give our 4 days a 10, but I'm a little bias since I was the one planning all the festivities! Thanks Michael, Haleigh, and Mya for being the coolest nieces and nephew a girl could ask for! Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Projector on the back wall? BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think you are THE coolest aunt ever! And now I know who to send my kids to when I need a break! You are going to make a great mother someday!

    ReplyDelete