Thursday, January 7, 2010

It Officially Froze Over....

Yep, we have ICE in the desert! Dixie Igloo opened, SUPER late, but at least it's open! And $9.50 will get ya skates and loads of fun on the ice for 2 hours! The bad thing? They don't monitor those on the ice during a session, so if you feel like being dishonest, you could really skate all day and they'd never know... hence, there was a TON of people on the ice.... we still had fun! I haven't ice skated in YEARS, but it's like ridin a bike, it all comes back to ya, and it's SO FUN! Jamaica and I took Michael and Haleigh and they have NEVER skated before.... it was interesting, but they did GREAT!
Jamaica said, 'k, take a picture of us...' so I'm *click* *clicking* and then she said, 'k, FALL DOWN!' .....

So of course.... I did the same thing.....
..... and they fell for it again.... literally! And yes, we did 'help' them fall! :)
So I was reading this survey (I think it was on family feud) and it asked:
Name something people watch:
Of course in the heat of the game I wasn't thinking about THIS as an answer...
but it really is mesmerizing! And EVERYONE lined up and just watched it go in circles! (not the mention it was like 400 years old!) And come to think of it, the zamboni cleaning the ice in New York at the Ranger's game was awesome too!

1 comment:

  1. reminds me of the olympic oval in Salt Lake City. I want another shot at that one . . . although I can't remember why??

    ReplyDelete