Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let's document, shall we?

OK, so I figure if we have as much luck on our ENTIRE NY trip, this could get pretty comical by the end of me and Cody's visit to the Big Apple, so since I can hear him sawin logs and I'm completely not tired, lets start with Day 1, shall we?!
I'll admit up front that we were late to the airport. Problem #1. However, I thought, shoot, how busy will Sin City be at 5:30am? FYI, the streets are busy that early in the morning. It didn't help that Cody woke up sick and puked in the parking lot. And it didn't help that I led us to Long Term parking instead of Economy (the difference of about $20/day) so we had to LOOP the entire airport AGAIN to find parking. And it didn't help that the shuttle driver was on a Sunday stroll to get to the terminals... Lets skip the details of how we RAN to check-in, back and forth from Delta to American and back again... only to have the realization that we're NOT going to make it to NYC in time for our $500 tickets to WICKED (the main intent of our trip...) bad, bad, bad realization to have at 7am at the beginning of a vacation....
SO we call Gershwin Theater, they advise us to call Ticketmaster, we call Ticketmaster who advices us to call the insurance co. that we got for our tickets, SO we call the insurance co. only to find out that you can't refund OR reschedule tickets unless we have PROOF that the airline was cancelled or delayed OR a Dr's note saying our illness was too bad to attend the event. YES, I pretty much HATE Ticketmaster and their lame insurance policies at this point!
Anyways, we got bumped to another flight and made it to NY by 7:30pm and made it to our friend Channing's house just fine (thanks so much Chan, we love your place!) but we're just sick that we had to flush our tickets. :( Lets all pray for a better day than today started out!
Guess I wont forget MY FIRST TRIP TO THE CITY eh? I keep telling myself, 'I'll laugh about this one day.' (just not today)

3 comments:

  1. Hope last night made it a little bit better! I hate ticketmaster too! And Delta. Can't wait to see your ring! SO I HEAR YOU ARE ENGAGED! Congratulations from the JDELLS! My dress is done and I'm ready to roll down the aisle! Cya Tuesday or Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a better trip! STUPiD TiCKETMASTER! We'll get them one day! Enjoy the big city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're engaged??!! Wow - congratulations Julie! Does this change your plans for school in Logan?

    ReplyDelete