Friday, October 30, 2009

NEW YORK!

WHEW! What a trip! :) NOTHING can top that! K, so I have to document with pics!
So off we go on our little trek on my first visit to the Big Apple!
Our first day, Channing's roomie Lexie and her friend Megan took us up to the Bronx.... we wont need to do that again, but the pizza was BOMB DIGGITY!

We left the Bronx and headed to Time Square. Since we lost our tickets to Wicked the night before, we heard of the Lottery for front row seats. We waited in line only to be disappointed again. BUT! We got in the cancellation line and got dead center seats on the 14th row, and I think they were PERFECT!
My very FIRST roomie Megan now lives in NY, so she came down and met us for dinner and took us to Vinyl in 'Hell's Kitchen' it was the cutest little place and SO good to catch up with her!

After the play we came out and it was DOWN POURING rain! BUT! We still got to meet Elpheba! She was AWESOME!
  • After the play we wondered the couple blocks to Time Square.... AND.... as they say, 'A picture's worth a thousand words!' well, here's my pic....
  • it couldn't have been more perfect!
That pretty much TOPPED my first trip to New York! :)
The rest was kind of a blur! We went to a NY Giants game (I've never been to pro football!)
We got tickets to a NY Rangers game! (Neither of us had seen NHL hockey!) and it was a BLAST! I LOVED it when they scored! Everyone was out of their seats!

We took a double-decker bus tour, which was pretty cool to see most of the touristy attractions in a short amount of time. We went to the Empire State Bldg, Macy's, Ground Zero, Rockafeller Center, Central Park, 34th St, Wall St, Time Square, Harlem, Hudson River, Apollo Theater, the Fashion district, etc etc etc... there's SO MUCH TO SEE IN NY!
Just a couple of my FAV pics that I had time to edit already:

seriously, how perfect is this picture?And who doesn't go to NY and 5th Ave without stopping at the FAO toy store?

and you HAVE to check out the famous BIG piano.

and I'm calling this PhotoShop meets Central Park... I LOVE the way it turned out!

NEEDLESS to say it was a VERY SUCCESSFUL first trip back east for me, and I had an absolute blast!!

9 comments:

  1. Dang it! I wish I could have been there for the hockey game!
    Love
    olde farte Ranger fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been a little bug on your sleeve the whole trip instead I was stressin' over wedding plans! Thanks for everything this last weekend I'm so excited to hear more about your guys' plans! Come over Tuesday night is ya want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie that is AWESOME! Many happy congrats to you and your man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jules! I'd love to know details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proposed to in Times Square, in the rain?! So cute!!! Congratulations!
    And I'm so glad you got to see Wicked after all...I was going to feel bad for you if you missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JU-
    Did you see the Kodak sign in 'the proposal' picture?
    "What makes you smile?"
    Sorry I missed this picture earlier!
    Congratulations to Julie and Cody!
    love
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My HECK!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Love Love Love it and I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so I am looking at the pics on here and......... WHAT???????? Oh my gosh!!!! JULES!! Your engaged!!!!!!! That picture is PRICELESS!! I hope you guys blow it up and put it in your house. CONGRATS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jules!
    Ah! What a WONDERFUL trip and to top it off, getting proposed! I am so so happy for you! Love all the pics glad you got to see Wicked! I'm so happy for you!
    Love Tori!

    ReplyDelete