Thursday, October 6, 2011

Playing Catch Up! -June Part 2

Does doing something twice count as a tradition? I think yes! This was our second year entering the Utah Summer Games in Cedar City, UT. We had a rough start last year, and ended up taking first in the Bronze bracket... nothing to brag about. But this year we changed our name to the 'Servivors,' and did MUCH better! We got first in the Silver bracket, so hopefully we keep working our way up the chain as our tradition becomes more seasoned!
Interesting fact about me: I'm really not that competitive. Now, this might be surprising if you know my dad, or my oldest sister... but I just don't think I got that competitive gene... which is fine with me! I really do just simply enjoy playing the game! As long as everyone is doing their best, working together and having fun.... I honestly don't care about keeping score.
I've been lucky to find some amazing girls to play volleyball with here in Southern Utah and we have so much fun on and off the court! So here's a shout-out to the girls I love playin vball with: Rikki, Sunny, Stormy, Emilee, and Britt, you girls rock and roll and I'm glad I found ya!My Uncle Todd lives in Cedar City and is one of the best hosts I've ever met. He and his Fiancee Barb and their canine Murphy allowed all of the 'Servivors' to crash in their basement. And even let a couple of our fans (my roomie Colls and our friend Steph) join us for the 2nd night... Thank you SO much Todd and Barb, it is so fun staying at your beautiful home and getting to visit and hang out with you both.. and Murphy too, of course!
We stayed last year too and we started another tradition of having a sauna night! Yep! Todd has a sauna! We always smear our makeup and take an after shot... they're always hilarious!We were lucky to have so many fans come watch us! THE Best fan base by far compared to other teams! Here's a shout out to all of our awesome fans for coming to watch and cheer for us:
My Uncle Todd and Aunt Barb (our hosts), Ta'ai and Tom (Emilee's brother and his friend), Colls and Steph (my roomie and our friend)Even my sisters Jamaica and Jen came to a couple games while they were in Cedar dropping Haleigh off at science camp!Thanks everyone for playing or coming to cheer! It was another great year at the Utah Summer Games!

No comments:

Post a Comment