Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All December's a Party!

This year I got to try something for the first time... We ROASTED CHESTNUTS! They smelled really good cooking and then we cracked them open and they look like little brains and I was wondering why in the world anyone would sing about 'chestnuts roasting on an open fire'... but they were pretty good and it was a fun tradition to start! Here's my roomies Lana and Colleen crackin some nuts...
Merry Christmas from 2620 East!
This past weekend Daniel and Jamaica spent the weekend in Salt Lake so I stayed with the kids, man alive they'll wear ya out, but we had a good time! Saturday I didn't know what to do and didn't just want to sit around, so we went to the Washington City Center and went swimming... it was a gamble, and I wondered if they were going to be SLAMMED... notice all the people in the background.... NOT! It was awesome! And Mya LOVED the slide! They heated the area, so it was pretty warm, but Mya's little lips kept turning blue and I'd say, 'do you want to go on the slide again?' to which she replied with a very enthusiastic 'YA!'


There's a GIANT buckets that dumps water and after each slide ride the kids would wait for it to dump so they wouldn't get drenched....
Which I thought was so funny when this is what they looked like shooting out of the slide...
don't worry Jamaica, she came up smilin from this... I promise...
Thanks guys, for wearin me out! I had a great time and I'm SO excited to spend Christmas at your house!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! They had so much fun with you. I can ASSURE you if we had been home they would have NOT gone swimming OR to feed the ducks! :)
    Start practicing your Ho!Ho!Ho! ;)

    ReplyDelete